Good news for Pakistani citizens! Skilled worker visas in the UK are now open for individuals from Pakistan. If you are a Pakistani citizen looking for employment in the United Kingdom, you’ll need to complete a UK work visa application. Various categories of skilled worker employment opportunities are available for Pakistanis. The Skilled Worker visa has become the primary immigration pathway, replacing the Tier 2 visa, for individuals worldwide seeking employment in the UK. This visa allows you to work for an authorized company in the UK and was introduced to attract highly skilled foreign workers to the UK labor market, with the potential for permanent residency.
UK Skilled Worker Visa List for Pakistani Jobs 2024
Skilled workers from Pakistan have various job options in the UK, including positions such as food service workers, cleaners, housekeepers, and more. The UK visa authorities assess applications based on specific document requirements for each type of visa. It’s important to provide the necessary documentation to support your application. For a skilled worker visa allowing a 3-year stay in the UK, the cost is 230,123 PKR. Make sure to check and fulfill all the visa requirements and documentation to increase the chances of a successful application.
UK Work Visa for Pakistan 2024
In essence, this immigration authorization allows individuals to enter and live in the UK under specific conditions and for a specified duration. Skilled workers from other countries, including Pakistan, can be selected based on the shortage occupation list. This designation makes them eligible to receive a job offer letter without the requirement for a labor market test, enabling them to stay in the UK for up to 5 years, depending on the type of visa they apply for. This streamlined process aims to address skill shortages in certain occupations and attract qualified professionals to contribute to the UK workforce.
UK Skilled Worker Visa for Pakistani
|UK Skilled Worker Visa List for Pakistani
|Skilled worker visa, work visa
|Temporary, Part-time, Permanent
|Validity of Visa
|1 year, 3 years, 5 years, or permanent (you can extend the visa)
|Skilled Worker Visa Price
|2,30,123 PKR(3 years)
|Click Here to Apply Online
Skilled Worker Visa UK
The documents required for your UK visa application will depend on the type of visa you are applying for. For those intending to stay in the UK for more than 3 years, the visa fee is 454,724 PKR. Pakistani nationals have various options to apply for different UK work visas based on their skills, qualifications, job offers, and sponsorship. The specific documents must be submitted on the day of your interview, which will be scheduled based on the terms of the job contract, sponsorship duration, and other job-related requirements. It is crucial to carefully review the visa requirements and ensure that you provide all necessary documentation for a successful application.
Skilled Worker Visa vs. Tier 2 Work Visa
There are several significant advantages and distinctions between the Skilled Worker visa introduced after 2021 and the earlier Tier 2 (General) work visa:
- Skill Level Requirement: The skill level requirement has been reduced from RQF level 6 to RQF level 3. This expansion broadens the scope of eligible occupations under this visa route.
- Minimum Salary Requirement: The minimum salary requirement was lowered from £30,000 to £26,200. Moreover, it is now possible to receive a lower salary and still qualify for a Skilled Worker Visa in various circumstances, as explained below.
- Inclusivity: The new Skilled Worker route is accessible to recent graduates and new market entrants.
- Visa Cap: There is no cap on the number of Skilled Worker visas available in the UK.
- Resident Labour Market Test: Skilled Worker visa applicants are exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT), simplifying and expediting the process of hiring skilled overseas workers.
- Cooling-off Period: The cooling-off period, which previously mandated that international workers departing the UK had to wait a year before applying for a new work visa, has been eliminated.
UK Skilled Worker Visa Eligibility and Requirements
The eligibility criteria for the Skilled Worker visa are as follows:
- Job Offer: You must have a job offer from a UK employer.
- Licensed Sponsor: Your employer must be on the list of licensed sponsors approved by the Home Office.
- Certificate of Sponsorship: Your employer must have issued you a valid “Certificate of Sponsorship.”
- Eligible Occupation: The job for which you are being employed must be on the list of eligible occupations.
- Skill Level Requirement: You must meet the skill level requirement, which is at least equivalent to RQF level 3.
- Minimum Salary: You must meet the minimum salary requirements, which have increased to £26,200 per year from 12 April 2024.
- English Language Proficiency: You must satisfy the English language requirements through one of four specified methods.
- Financial Requirements: You should have £1,270 in your bank account to demonstrate your ability to support yourself in the UK.
UK Skilled Worker Visa List
- Community Care Assistant: Provides support and care to individuals within their community, often focusing on elderly or vulnerable individuals.
- Housekeeper: Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of residential or commercial properties.
- Live-in Care Assistant: Provides care and support to individuals who require 24-hour assistance, typically in their own homes.
- Supports Worker: Offers assistance and support to individuals with physical or intellectual disabilities to help them lead more independent lives.
- Care Assistant – Night Shift: Provides care and assistance to patients or clients during nighttime hours, often in healthcare or residential settings.
- Female Support Worker: A support worker who specifically provides care and assistance to female clients.
- Peer Support Worker: Offers support, empathy, and guidance to individuals facing similar challenges or experiences, often in a mental health or addiction recovery context.
- Social Worker (Children’s): Works with children and their families to assess and provide support for various social and emotional issues.
- Band 3 Health Care Assistant: Typically used in the UK’s National Health Service (NHS), this role involves providing various healthcare services under the direction of healthcare professionals.
- Domestic Assistant: Responsible for general domestic tasks, such as cleaning and tidying, often in healthcare or residential settings.
- Cleaner: Focuses on cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of various facilities.
- Catering and Facilities Assistant: Provides support for catering and general facility maintenance in settings like hospitals, schools, or corporate offices.
- HR Assistant: Works in the Human Resources department, assisting with various HR-related tasks, such as recruitment, employee records, and benefits.
- Kitchen Porter: Typically found in restaurants or commercial kitchens, responsible for cleaning and maintaining the kitchen area and assisting chefs and cooks.
Detailed explanations for each eligibility criterion are provided below.
- Job Offer: To apply for a Skilled Worker visa, you must possess a valid job offer from a licensed UK employer. This offer must come from an A-rated business listed on the licensed sponsors’ list for a role within the eligible occupations and meet the minimum salary requirements. Additionally, you must hold a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from your UK employer.
- Licensed Sponsor: Your job offer should originate from a business included in the Home Office’s list of licensed sponsors. Ensure that your employer is authorized to hire international workers under the Skilled Worker Route. It is essential to confirm that they hold an A rating, as B-rated employers cannot issue new Certificates of Sponsorship until they fulfill the Home Office’s compliance standards.
- Certificate of Sponsorship: As previously mentioned, a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from your UK employer is necessary to apply for a Skilled Worker visa. This digital document contains critical information about your sponsored role.
- Eligible Occupation: A Skilled Worker visa is only granted for roles listed in the eligible occupations. You must also possess the requisite skills and experience for the position in the UK. To verify your occupation’s eligibility, you may need to request the standard occupation code (SOC) from your employer.
- Skill Level Requirement: Applicants for a Skilled Worker role and visa must have skills equivalent to at least RQF level 3. This doesn’t necessitate holding a specific qualification but rather having skills at or above RQF level 3.
- Minimum Salary: The minimum salary for a Skilled Worker visa has increased to £26,200 per year from 12 April 2024. Some exceptions exist, allowing you to be eligible for a lower salary if certain conditions are met.
- Financial Requirement: You must demonstrate financial capability by having at least £1,270 in your bank account for your initial month in the UK. In some cases, your employer may provide a letter confirming their intent to cover this requirement.
- English Language Proficiency: Skilled Worker visa applicants need to prove their English language proficiency through one of four methods mentioned in the text.
UK Skilled Worker Visa Required Documents
The documentation required to support your Skilled Worker visa application includes:
- Passport (with a blank page)
- Certificate of Sponsorship reference number
- Job title and annual salary
- Job’s occupation code
- Employer’s name and sponsor license number (as indicated on your Certificate of Sponsorship)
- Evidence of sufficient personal savings
- Proof of your relationship with your spouse/partner and children
- Criminal record certificate (required for certain occupation types)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- TB test results (if mandated for your country)
- UK PhD certificate or Ecctis reference (if applicable)
To establish your identity and provide biometrics for your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), you can either visit a visa application center or use the Home Office’s mobile app, ‘UK Immigration: ID Check.’
Given the complexity of the Skilled Worker visa application, it is advisable to seek legal advice from an employment immigration solicitor. They will ensure that all required documentation is submitted to UKVI without errors or omissions. For guidance on your Skilled Worker visa, contact us at 020 3744 2797.
How to Apply for a UK Skilled Worker Visa
Applying for a Skilled Worker visa from outside the UK is a straightforward process that is conducted online on the Home Office website. You can initiate and complete your application once you have secured a job offer, obtained a Certificate of Sponsorship, and gathered the supporting documentation outlined in the text.
The application process comprises the following steps:
- Check eligibility for a Skilled Worker Visa.
- Obtain a job offer from a licensed sponsor in the UK.
- Receive your Certificate of Sponsorship from your UK employer.
- Prepare the necessary documents to demonstrate your eligibility.
- Complete the online application form (the form you use depends on whether you are applying from outside the UK or switching from a different visa within the UK).
- Pay the application fee, biometric fee, and healthcare surcharge.
- Upload the documents needed to support your application.
- Schedule a biometric appointment to have your fingerprints and photo taken.
Oman Work Visa Price In Pakistan
Embassy of UK in Pakistan Phone Number and Address
Address: G-5/1 G-5, ICT, Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory
Phone Number: 051-2012000